I'm 14 and I have Gynecomastia, are there any pills I can take to reduce my breasts or is surgery the only option?

I'm very athletic I do alot of sports but they don't seem to reduce

Tratamientos para la Ginecomastia

En algunos casos se trata de una pseudoginecomastia donde el unico componente que causa el abultamiento es la grasa. En este tipo de caso podemos resolver el problema con una liposuccion con incisiones imperceptibles. Cuando existe una Ginecomastia verdadera, muchas veces tenemos que aplicar tecnicas de reduccion mamaria y levantamiento como si se tratara de una paciente del sexo femenino como pueden apreciar en el video.

English Translation:

In some cases it is a pseudo gynecomastia, where the only component that is causing the bulging is fat. In such case we can solve the problem with liposuction and inconspicuous incisions. With true Gynecomastia, we often apply techniques that are used in breast reduction and breast lifts as if it were a female patient as you can see in the video (graphic).

Gynecomastia Concern at a Young Age

There are several common factors which contribute to gynecomastia. These include excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.

Particularly, Normal Gynecomastia is usually apparent in males between the ages of 12 to 15 years old. It is also common for older men 65 years old or more who experience a drop in their testosterone levels. #Normal Gynecomastia takes approximately one to two years to naturally regress on its own.

Adolescent Gynecomastia is hereditary and usually appears in 30% to 60% of boys between the ages of nine to fourteen. Many cases of adolescent gynecomastia resolve on its own as the boy grows into adulthood. Some with #Adolescent may choose to undergo surgery to correct the situation, this usually happens at the age of 18 or above. In severe cases in young boys, the physician and child development specialists will need to speak to the parents regarding the severity of the gynecomastia and if surgery is an option before the age of 18. 

Gynecomastia rising near puberty usually goes away without treatment.

About 30% of young man going to puberty experience some gynecomastia. In the vast majority this will spontaneously subside. There are no pills for treatment.

Gynecomastia in a 14-year-old

Gynecomastia is not uncommon in male teenagers.  It can be due to a number of factors, but hormonal changes during puberty can stimulate growth of the breast gland.  In many cases this will spontaneously resolve without treatment as your hormones settle down.  Rarely, gynecomastia can be due to hormone-producing tumors or other underlying medical conditions, so a visit to your pediatrician would be useful to rule out these other scenarios.  At this point, medication is really not an option, and surgery would be premature, so watchful waiting is your best bet.  If your situation doesn't improve by the time you are 18 or so then surgery would be considered.

Exercise and diet

I would not recommend any pill or supplements that say they can address gynecomastia, since it there are none that are FDA approved. The safest and most effective method is surgery. You can also try exercising and dieting.