Revising lateral canthoplasty. How soon can things be reversed?

I had lateral canthoplasty 3+ months ago. Im in constant discomfort due to over tightened eyes, lower outer corners slanting down instead of tilting slightly upwards. Eyes look hollow and are smaller vertically/horizontally. surgeon unsympathetic, seeking 2nd opinion next week. How soon can things be reversed?

Revision canthoplasty

Hi. It is usually best to wait at least 3-4 months prior to having any revision eyelid surgery. However, this is not a steadfast rule and in many cases it is better to wait longer. Every patient is different and things need to be settled down prior to any revision surgery. An in person consultation can help you determine what your options are. Best regards, Ira Vidor, M.D.

Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Revising lateral canthoplasty

Usually best to wait at least 3 months after surgery before re-evaluating for possible eyelid revision surgery. It may or may not be time for you. Best to see an oculoplastic surgeon for consultation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

I see many patients for surgical revision.

Advanced techniques are needed to revise the lower eyelid surgery.  The surgeons you are seeing may not offer this type of work.  Wide your circle of surgeons for potential revision.  Yes, sometimes it is necessary to travel to have eyelids fixed.