What can I do about my eyes? Unsymmetrical, lazy, negative tilted. (photos)

What can I do to fix up my eye area? I feel like they make me look older and of course ruin my looks (even though there's a multitude of things making me unattractive). Canthoplasty? Eye lid surgery? I hate how negative tilted they are and hate how one eye is bigger than the other, and both seemingly look too tired/lazy I am getting jaw surgery later on this year and am wondering if I should go ahead and consider fixing the eyes now or wait.

The window to the soul

Dear Slick21,

Thank you for your question.  As noted by other providers and myself, there is some asymmetry of the upper eyelids most likely representing eyelid ptosis (your right greater than your left).  Having a comprehensive ocular exam would be very helpful in determining the right procedures for you, but invasive treatments such as canthoplasty would not be complementary to your overall facial aesthetics.  I hope this information helps you as you make the right decision for you.

Be healthy and be well,

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid asymmetry... risk benefits of surgery

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern. 

In a nut shell, The asymmetries that you are pointing at, are within the normal limits. I do not think surgery will change the key components that you are concern about. In my opinion just leave it alone.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Upper eyelid ptosis

You have mild upper eyelid ptosis (droop). An evaluation with an Oculoplastics surgeon would be helpful to determine the best procedure to help repair and make your eyes less tired or sleepy looking. 

I would not recommend changing the outside tilt to the eyelids as this would make you look unnatural.

I have provided a link of before and after surgery demonstrating eyelid ptosis repair.

Good luck

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asymmetrical eyelids

from the very limited photographs, it appears that there might be a little bit of  functional ptosis in one eye making them look asymmetrical.  An oculoplastic surgeon may be able to help with that issue.  A canthoplasty is not necessary.  There is no negative tilt.  For more information and many examples of cosmetic eyelid surgery, please see the link and the video below

See oculoplastic specialist

Cosmetic eyelid surgery including canthoplasty may benefit you. Best to obtain in person (or skype) consultation with an oculoplastic surgeon to go over all details.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Your issue is not a negative tilt to the eyelids.

You appear to have upper eyelid ptosis that makes the eyes look heavy.  Lateral canthoplasty will not correct your issue.  Your photos demonstrate that you have a chin up tilt to your head which is consistent to the significance of your ptosis. The chin up position compensates for the heavy upper eyelids.

Asymmetric Eyes

Thank you for sharing your case and photos.  I think that you look great.  Everyone has some degree of asymmetry in their face which makes them unique.  It is hard to tell from the photo, but you may have a very slight ptosis of your right upper eyelid.  I would recommend a consultation with a board certified oculoplastic surgeon to discuss your concerns and how best to achieve your goals.  Good luck!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon