What approach would you take to treat this vertical, indented forehead scar to make it as inconspicuous as possible? (Photo)

Here's some points about my scar: - It is the result of a trauma I obtained around ten years ago when I was 6 or 7. - The scar is exactly 2cm long, varying in width of around 2-3mm. - The scar was stitched up with dissolvable / paper stitches. - The aesthetic of the scar changes depending on the lighting. - When I stretch my scar horizontally, it flattens and becomes less visible. - The skin on my forehead is by no means 'tight.' - I am nineteen and have FP typeII skin. Surgery, subcision?

What approach would you take to treat this vertical, indented forehead scar

This is the type of scar that would likely respond well to subcision and filler injection. Given the narrow nature of the scar I think it is unlikely that you will require formal scar revision surgery. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar on Face -- fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP, subcision

Facial scarring can improved with subcision, fillers, medical tattooing and laser treatment or surgical removal. I suggest you speak to an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Forehead scar

For a quick temporary fix, injectable facial fillers can definitely improve the appearance of the scar. There is minimal recovery time but may require multiple treatments depending on the type of filler used. A more permanent solution is subcision of the scar and filling the area with fat grafting taken from somewhere on your body. There will be more significant swelling and bruising and permanent results may not be seen for up to 6 months. In my experience, both produce great results but it depends on your comfort level with a surgical procedure and which recovery period you are comfortable with. For the best treatment options, it is important to visit an expert for an in-person examination. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee MD
Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician