650cc or 700cc? Silicone HP unders. I'm hoping for a rounded "fake" appearance that gives me upper pole fullness. (Photo)

Hello I'm driving myself crazy. I'm getting HP silicone unders in 15 days.. I can't decide between 650cc and 700cc.. I know it's a large implant but I am wide. 170lbs, 5'8" with a BW of 14.5-15.. I wear a 34-36C but don't quite fill it out, I have a lot of tissue and room. Which would give me my desired look? I'm hoping for a rounded "fake" appearance that gives me upper pole fullness. Thanks!

650cc or 700 cc? Silicone HP unders

From the information you have provided  I think your "game plan" is reasonable, but do be aware that a "fake look" is variable and subjective depending upon your personal perception and wishes and overall chest proportions The fact that you are using fairly large High Profile Implants ( although you could go even larger to 800cc) and there are even ultra high profile implants available as well. Placement under the muscle ( will hold the implants higher)which  will give you more superior breast  fullness.

Discuss and size and profile options further with your surgeon before proceeding with surgery.

Stuart Kincaid MD, FACS
858 450 4199
951 695 9934

Obtaining the "Fake look" Breast Augmentation

The 50 cc difference between  650 cc and 700 cc is negligible and less than 2 shot glasses. Either one should be adequate to give you the "fake look" you desire especially wit a high profile implant. Placing them in a subglandular pocket tends to make them more fake for most patients.

650cc or 700cc breast implants for fake look

Either 650 or 700 cc may achieve the look that you want-it will depend on what your plastic surgeon is able to get into your body!

Be aware that implants over 500cc have an increased chance of complication including capsular contracture. Be careful what you wish for.

650cc or 700cc? Silicone HP unders. I'm hoping for a rounded "fake" appearance that gives me upper pole fullness.

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs, you are starting at a great place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.    In regards to more specific advice, despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to  very helpful.  Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.  2.  Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D cup" or "fake look" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.   Therefore, I ask that my patients not base their communication preoperatively OR  their satisfaction with the outcome of surgery postoperatively, on achieving a specific cup size. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.  The use of temporary intraoperative sizers, viewing the patient's breasts in the upright and supine position, are very helpful during the breast implant selection process.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to larger breast augmentation outcomes), helps.  Best wishes.

Choosing Implant Size

The size of the implants are based on a combination of a patient's goals and objectives and her anatomy. In order to provide a natural looking augmentation, the surgeon needs to evaluate many factors including soft tissue coverage, skin laxity, chest wall width, breast imprint width, the shape of the breasts and relative level of constriction to ensure that the breast implants are appropriate for your body. 

Consult in person with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.  The 50cc difference between the two size implants will likely not be noticeable. 

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Implant Sizing

In terms of breast implant sizing, there are several factors that plastic surgeons consider when recommending implant sizes. I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Thank you for the photos and your question and either implant should give you the desired look - so good luck

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD