What's the difference between moderate plus and high profile? (Photo)

If the base size is not part of the equation, I.e. both implants are the same 12.8, how much of a difference is moderate plus and high profile visually? I'm 5ft 85 lbs and have 300cc moderates currently which don't project enough.

Moderate vs High Profile

The differences have been explained by the others... what is more important is the volume that you want and then the proper implant style can be selected according to your body dimensions.  If you just picked projection without corresponding width, you will have torpedoes.  So focus on the volume you like and your surgeon should be able to match you with a implant style that will fit on you and that is much more important than just projection.

Last contacted 6 hours ago

Difference in breast implant projections

You are likely refering to the Mentor MemoryGel implants.
For a base width of 12.8cm, the volume/ projection is:
Moderate Profile- 300cc/ 3.1cm
Moderate Plus- 375cc/ 4.0cm
High Profile- 450cc/ 5.1cm
Ultra High- 650cc/ 6.4cm
Increasing to a larger size implant risks poor long-term results and may increase long-term complications for someone with your petite build.  As always, it is important to personally consult with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon.

Jarrod Little, MD

Last contacted 2 days ago

Moderate Plus vs High Profile Breast Implants

To some degree depends on the implant brand, but Mentor Implants specifically use the term Moderate Plus and High Profile. 12.8cm base width Moderate profile implants have a projection of 3.1 cm.
12.8cm Moderate Plus have a volume of 375cc and 4.0cm projection and 12.8 cm base width High Profile Implants are 450cc with a projection of 5.1cm. So the projection increase is about 1cm, just under half an inch, for each increase in profile from Moderate, to Moderate Plus, to High profile.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Last contacted 1 day ago

Deciding based on breast implant dimensions

Dear Sarah,

It sounds like you would like more breast projection.  This may mean you would like more upper pole volume or you may want your breasts to be fuller in general.  A careful discussion with your plastic surgeon about your desired final outcome will allow you and them to decide on an ideal implant for you.  Your breast width should be matched up with the implant and then volume can be increased based on increasing the projection of the implant.  If you currently have moderate plus profile you will naturally consider HP or extra HP implants.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Last contacted 3 hours ago

#ImplantProjectionDifferences

Simplified, for the same size implant in cc's, the higher the profile the less width and greater projection. Often the difference of projection is less than you think. 

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Last contacted 1 day ago

Differences in projection with implants

There are as many systems for choosing implant size as there are plastic surgeons in the world. We all differ slightly and to varying degrees in how we advise patients on implant selection. The goals of your operation are critical in that selection process. If you have moderate plus profile implants in and do not feel as though you have enough projection, the most obvious answer is increasing the volume. Doing so, however, requires an increased width of the implant which may be too wide in someone of your petite build. Unless, that is, a higher profile implant is selected.  There are both high profile and ultra high profile implants that can fit that desire, depending upon how much larger you are comfortable with and what you are comfortable tolerating in terms of risks with large volume implants in a small body.
I would advise against paying too much attention to the differences in projection on the side of the implant box. There are too many complicating factors, like the quality of your soft tissues and the tightness of the result that change the projection.  The question is one of more or less projection, not necessarily one of millimeters or centimeter differences in projection. It just doesn't work like that once the implant is in your body.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 1 hour ago

Moderate Versus Higher Profile

Low profile implants are wider and have less projection.  Higher profile implants are more narrow and have more projection.  Base width of breast is most important measurement when choosing implants and then profile can be adjusted based on goals.  More projection can be achieved with higher profile implants.  Thanks

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 1 day ago

Moderate plus and high profile Implants

If you currently have moderates and are looking for more projection then you may want to consider moderate plus or high profile implants. Moderate plus offers a higher projection, with moderate base width and high profiles offer high projection, with narrower base width.

Jeremy A. Benedetti, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 1 month ago

What's the difference between moderate plus and high profile?

No posted useful photo so very hard to respond. But at 85 pounds I think HP would be a better option.....

Last contacted 4 hours ago

The difference between these implants have to do with the dimensions ( diameter and height)  of the implants. For example, the high-profile implant has a greater projection and a smaller diameter  compared to the moderate profile implant. The moderate plus profile implant as projection and diameter characteristics that fall between the moderate  profile and high profile implants.
I prefer to have a wide selection of implants (all profiles) available in the operating room. I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Last contacted 2 hours ago