Do Juvederm and Radiesse Have Good Results in the Hands?

Does using both Juvederm and Radiesse increase the longevity over just using Radiesse alone? How common it this treatment combo?

Radiesse is Excellent for the Hands

Radiesse has excellent results in the hands -- they look younger, less "veiny".  Sculptra also produces excellent results.  Usually Juvederm is not used in the hands.  If injected superficially, a bluish hue can result known as the Tyndall Effect.

Radiesse is Excellent for the Hands

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Fillers for the hands

Greetings~

We do quite a bit of Radiesse and hand rejuvenation in our practice. We get great results with Radiesse in the hands! Patients are extremely pleased with the results. I don't think it's necessary to use Juvederm and Radiesse for the best results in the hands...and if I were to choose one for this indication based on results and longevity it would be Radiesse.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Fillers for the hands

Greetings~

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Radiesse for the hands

I prefer Radiesse in the hands over Juvederm or Hyaluronic acid fillers. Radiesse tends to provide longer lasting volume in this area.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse for the hands

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and Radiesse for Hand Rejuvenation

Both Radiesse and Juvederm can be used to plump or correct bony-appearing hands.  Radiesse has a FDA-approved indication for hand correction, and is most of what I use.  I find although all fillers can swell in the hands so should be done in sessions, Juvederm can cause a little more swelling in some individuals.  I am unaware of any studies that show a combination changes the longevity of these products in the hands.  Having said that, layering the two fillers is not unheard of, although it is not necessary.  You can provide robust volume with Radiesse, but use Juvederm in a subsequent session to help give a softer look.  However, the key is probably not which fillers are used, but how much volume is used to achieve desired correction.  Discuss with your board-certified provider their personal experience in preference.  

Annie Chiu, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologist

Annie Chiu, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologist

Radiesse is the preferred filler for hands, which give the most natural result and can last up to a year. Juvederm does not give the desired look in the hand as much as Radiesse due to the nature of the filler. There is no study that Juvederm will increase the longevity of Radiesse in the hand.

Fillers work well for replacing fat, consider treating bulging veins as well

Fillers work well in selected patients for treating fat loss but they require regular re-filling to maintain appearance. We have had many patients who were happy with just having the large bulging veins on the back of their hands treated. Our office offers HVR - an in-office treatment that takes 20-30 minutes per hand, is permanent and has no downtime.

Multiple fillers in the hands

Thank you for your question. Fillers are great for volumizing and rejuvenating the hands. I have never used multiple different fillers. I am not sure using different fillers would increase the longevity. Of course using more of the same filler will likely increase the longevity. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck.

Multiple fillers in the hands

Radiesse Filler in Hand results

I've had great results with Radiesse in the hands with my patients. It firms and plumps the thinned skin, making veins there go beneath the surface. Its a simple procedure that makes the hands look years younger. It's painless and has no recovery time. Results are immediate and simply amazing!

Radiesse Filler in Hand results

Radiesse is a Great Option to Reduce the Signs of Aging Hands

Now it is even FDA approved for injection into the hands. Radiesse addresses volume loss and increased visibility of the veins and tendons in the hand.

Radiesse in the hands

Thank you for your question.  Both Juvederm and Radiesse can be used in the hands.  I don't think adding the two together, however, adds much to the longevity other than the fact that you added more volume.

Radiesse in the hands