How Many Syringes of Radiesse Are Needed for Hand Rejuvenation?

I was informed by my clinic that the price for hand rejuvenation using Radiesse filler was £500. I had the treatment and at first my hands were swollen. The swelling then went down and they are now the same as they were pre-treatment. I have looked at photos pre-treatment which confirms this. My clinic now says they only used 1 vial and that 2 vials are normally used and I would have to pay another £500. Is this normal?

The amount (syringes of Radiesse) required per hand depends on the size of the hand and the amount of volume required.  I'd typically start out using 1 or 2 1.5cc syringes per hand and go from there.  Sculptra is another excellent filler to add volume to the hands and the results last about 2 years vs about 1 year with Radiesse IMO.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question.  There is usually some amount of swelling after injecting the hands with a dermal filler such as Radiesse.  The amount of filler that is required for each hand will depend on several factors, such as the amount of volume loss and your individual goals.  Best wishes. 

Hand rejuvination with Radiesse

I usually start with 1 syringe per hand. If the patient needs more, and many do require a second treatment, I may split a second syringe between both hands. I offer a discount on the second treatment.

Hand rejuvination with Radiesse

Radiesse for Hands

Normally one syringe per hand is recommended for best results with hand rejuvination. With any filler there is always a chance of swelling.

Radiesse for Hands

Usually, two 1.5cc syringes to start

Usually, the hand rejuvenation requires at least two 1.5cc syringes of Radiesse to lift and contour the backs of the hands.  You may require a touch up with an additional 1.5 cc split between both hands in 1-3 months.  

Usually, two 1.5cc syringes to start

Hand Rejuvenation

Rejuvenation of the hands is gaining popularity. One reason is the recent FDA approval of the Deep Calcium Based Filler: Radiesse, to plump volume when tendons and veins become very visible in the aging hand. There are other topical agents for pigmentation and texture especially in the Z.O. Skin Health Product Line

Hand Rejuvenation

How many syringes for hand rejuvenation

Thank you for your question.  I typically start with one syringe in each hand, but it will depend on the physical exam starting point and the desired look.

How many syringes for hand rejuvenation

Radiesse is the best treatment for hand rejuvenation

I will almost always use one syringe of Radiesse (the larger 1.5 cc size) per hand. Because the treatment is so quick and simple (it only takes a few minutes when properly done) I only charge $500 (the equivalent of £317) per syringe.

Hands can look wonderfully younger with fillers

Of course each person is different, but on average we see a dramatic change with one syringe of Radiesse or Juvederm per hand. Sometimes 1 1/2 per hand is ideal.

Hand rejuvenation is wonderful. We see our hands all day long, much more than we see our own face.

Fillers to replenish the volume, and if needed - laser treatment to the fine lines or dark "age spots"  can easily take 10 years or more off the hands appearance almost instantly. 

Christopher J. Peers, MD
South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Christopher J. Peers, MD
South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

HVR - Hand Vein Removal for Permanent Hand Rejuvenation

One of the things that can make hands look aged is bulging veins on the back of the hands. We offer patients HVR, a minimally-invasive, in-office procedure that takes about 20-30 minutes and provides permanent results.  Results are also *immediate*. Make sure you go to a physician with plenty of experience with this procedure before proceeding.