Is it possible to get an Asian nose bridge?

I am half Japanese and I have monolid eyes. I think my nose just doesn't fit my face, and I want to know if it is possible to get a lower nose bridge. Though I have no nose bump, I really want it. Please help me!

Rhinoplasty candidate

It is possible to lower the nasal dorsum which is composed of both bone and cartilage.  A full set of pictures are required to make a determination about a surgical procedure.  In addition, digital computer imaging would be helpful to understand what can be accomplished with your nose on your facial features.   For many examples and more information, please see the link and the video below

Lower the bridge

this may be very reasonable. We have seen patients of Japanese descent who feel that the nose is too high, contrary to the usual request for bridge elevation. You need to be seen by an experienced rhinoplasty specialist so that your desired result can be realized

Rhinoplasty to lower the nose

Because of the central location of the nose on your face, it is important that it is harmonious with the rest of your face.  The best recommendation is to consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.  3-dimensional computer imaging can help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Dear IwamikiAn Augmentation rhinoplasty, to enlarge a portion of your nose, is done routinely. The procedure can be done using your own cartilage or an implant. Augmenting the nasal bridge can give your nose a narrower look and impact how the distance between your eyes are perceived.Look for an experienced and properly trained plastic surgeon, certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. See more than one consult and make a well informed decision.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for the question and at a complimentary consultation with an expert who uses digital photography to show you what is and what is not possible with your nose you will become totally informed.  So go on some consults where they use this technique
Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD