Can you do sculpture with a titanium hip?

2012 had a totally hip replacement using titanium. Is sculp ture safe for that area

Thank you for your question. SculpSure should avoid the titanium area, but a close proximity should not affect the area. I suggest that you move forward by consulting with a board certified facial plastic surgeon as the health screening component of the consultation will address your concern in person. 

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure is safe

Hi there, 

Your titanium hip should not interfere with your SculpSure treatment. However, the area should be avoided during treatment because the metal properties of your hip replacement can heat up and that may cause complications.

SculpSure is indicated for the treatment of the lower stomach, abdomen and flanks. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is SculpSure safe with a titanium hip?

Yes SculpSure treatments would be safe with your hip replacement. The applicators should not be placed over your implant. Your abdomen and waist would be safe zones to treat though.

SculpSure with artificial hip is fine

The laser will make a titanium hip heat up during a SculpSure session and it could be uncomfortable.  So, just make sure the applicator heads are not close to your hip.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

I had a total hip and then did Sculpsure on my flanks.

i had no problems doing it on my flanks when i had a total hip. you should be fine.

good luck

david berman 

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Sculpsure with Joint Replacement in the Hip

Hi , yes you can do Sculpsure in the presence of a joint-replaced hip.   This would be an excellent way to do some focal reduction of fatty tissue with no surgical risk or risk of infection, which is important for patients who have a joint replacement.

Best Regards,

Dr Chapman

SculpSure can help

SculpSure would not penetrate deep into the area of an artificial hip so it would be safe in that area.

Plus, there is added safety because there is essentially no infection risk.  Liposuction or Vaser carry small risk of infection.

Titanium Hip NOT Contraindicated for Sculpsure; Consider VASER HI DEF LIPO

Sculpsure could only be done in areas other then your hip safely.  Although it really doesn't go deep enough to affect the hip.   I suggest hi definition sculpting to ensure the best options as hi def lipo may be a better choice. Best, Dr. Emer.