I'd like to reshape my butt (mainly take away some fat and lift) and smooth the cellulite. Can Sculpsure help?

I am 40 years old, two young children, a budget, I am on a stringent diet. I lost 60 lsb, surprisingly I don't have flabby skin. 5'6 145-150lbs as now. Highly prefer non invasive surgery. Thanks!

In general i would not use Sculpsure on your butt

Sculpsure will not help Cellulite. in general the butt skin does not have great tightening ability. i avoid generally doing either Sculpsure or Smartlipo on the butt itself. 

david berman md

Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Personalized Laser Therapy Program Recommended

Hi there, 

SculpSure may fall under the 'budget' category in comparison to liposuction, however SculpSure has been specifically designed to treat the abdomen and flanks. 

Your physician/practitioner can decide to treat the buttock area as this site is often considered an 'off-site' area, which mean you CAN treat it but it is up to your discretion whether or not you would like to treat these areas. The reason for this is because, off site areas have more muscle than fat and are in closer proximity to bones which may cause more pain/discomfort for the patient. You mentioned a lift as well... SculpSure patients may see a slight tightening of the skin post treatment, but the results are not as pronounced as other laser skin tightening treatments. It's best to go in for a in-person consultation so you and your doctor can work out a customized body contouring system that works for you! 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. SculpSure certainly fits for you in terms of the cost, non-invasiveness and the recovery. It targets the flanks and the abs, which will have a complementary effect on your butt. Please post pictures on this site. Also, I suggest that you next consult in person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cellfina/Cellulite Treatment/Ultherapy/Thermi RF/Body Contouring/ Hi Definition Procedures

Thank you for your question.Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women. It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied. Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment. It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks. It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.  If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina. Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.  Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.  It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding. It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or Ulthera if skin tightening is needed. We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding. It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office. Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.  Take care, Dr. Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Buttock Shaping -- Sculpsure, Hi Def Lipo, ThermiRF, Sc Exilis Ultra/Cellutone, Venus Legacy/Zimmer Z Wave, Vanquish, Sculptra

Cellfina is the latest nonsurgical treatment for treating the back of thighs and buttock for cellulite.  Hi def lipo combined with VANQUISH and exilis or venus legacy can help you achieve a more sculpted look to this area.  ThermiRF can help the buttock roll.  If there is fat in a localized area, sculpsure or coolsculpting can be used. I would seen an expert for a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer

SculpSure Indications

Thank you for your question. SculpSure is not FDA-approved for the buttocks - while some clinicians will use this technology in around the thighs, buttocks and arms, in your situation, I'm not sure it will exactly help. With your profound weightloss, you likely have some ptosis or droop to your buttock area (even if it isn't evidenced as excess skin). A skin-tightening procedure may be more effective in helping you achieve your results. Something like Cellfina, or Thermage may be more appropriate - SculpSure really just targets the fat, but will not do a lot for skin tightening. Best of luck! 

Combination Approach the Best

Most women really want back the original smooth, round, and lifted shape of their buttocks. While I don't recommend using SculpSure directly on the buttocks, I think using it in the "saddle-bag" area can create much of the visual appeal you are looking for. Removing the fat in that area can re-create the roundness that is so much desired. We often will use some PelleFirm (radio-frequency energy) to tighten up the skin and reduce cellulite on the buttocks as well (often at no additional cost in conjunction with the SculpSure).

SculpSure for buttocks

SculpSure is amazing technology, however it will not help in this situation.  You will need some type of cellulite reducing technique such as Endermologie or Cellulaze.  Congratulations on your weight loss!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon