Its been two months since my gynecomastia surgery, is it okay to start lifting weights and doing push ups?

I want to know if its ok to start lifting weights and doing push ups. My surgery was in March 28 2014, now its may 25 so its been almost two months already. Can weight lifting, push ups, affect my recovery on gynecomastia, or can i get injured???? My ps said it was ok, but i want a second opinion please, just in case its always good to ask more then just one doctor to make sure. Thank you.

Athletic Activity Following Gynecomastia Surgery

Usually 1 week after #gynecomastia surgery you can begin taking moderate walks or ride a stationary bike. Strenuous workouts or aerobic #exercise can begin around 4 weeks post-op. Please get approval from your doctor before you begin any workout regimen.

Post op training

Every doc has their own post op protocol.  2 months for me is more than enough time to wait before hitting the gym.  At 2 months you may still have swelling, but you aren't at risk of bleeding. 

Tim Neavin, MD

Exercise after gynecomastia reduction surgery

You should feel completely confident in returning to any activity including weight lifting at this point. If there are no complications and the healing process is normal, most patients should have all restrictions lifted 6 weeks after surgery. 

Wm. Todd Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

I advise my gynecomastia patients to abstain from exercise for 6 weeks following their procedure. Every patient is different and recovery should be geared towards the individual. Once the patient has healed enough to begin exercising again, they need to take things slow and approach exercise as if starting from the beginning. Your surgeon is the best resource for advice on your post-operative care. If you still have doubts as to whether it is too early to begin exercise, listen to your gut and wait until you are 100 % ready.

Is it okay to start lifting weights and doing push ups

I will allow my patients to have unrestricted activity and exercise at two months after the procedure

Gynecomastia and exercise

I would follow your doctor's recommendations. If he said you can start working out it seems reasonable at 8 weeks after surgery if you have healed well/