Which product should I use after my hair transplant to strengthen my non transplanted hair?

I am a 21 years old male. I just had a FUE transplant of 4000 grafts in Istanbul, turkey 6 days ago. The clinique adviced Me to buy a 500 $ product from them Called kerastase destnifique. They Said that it would strengthen My existing non transplanted hair and help regrow the transplanted hair . I an wondering if that is really necessary to buy or should i use an alternative product like propecia or rogaine. I should add that My hair type is oily and i had problems with dandruff for along time

Hair Transplant at 21

Thats a very young age to have a hair transplant.  you should definitely be on finasteride as well as rogaine and laser devices.  I would recommend seeing an experienced physician who can setup a plan for you in terms of medical management of hair loss.

Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

Very Young for a Hair Transplant

At 21, you're very young for a hair transplant....and had the FUE method???  At this point it is very important for your to get started and stay on medical hair therapy (propecia, minoxidil and laser).  

Best of luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Joseph Gallagher, DO
Fort Myers Hair Restoration Surgeon

There are no products what will strengthen non-transplanted or transplanted hairs from a proven medical point of view other than

There are no products what will strengthen non-transplanted or transplanted hairs from a proven medical point of view other than Propecia and Rogaine.  PRP, lasers, vitamins, biotin, or $500 products you refer to are generally a waste of money.  

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

21 and had a hair transplant in Turkey

Hair transplants in a 21 year old reflects malpractice today as a 21 year old should have been given the course of finasteride (drug) which often reverses hair loss in people of your age. You should be on Propecia at the least and not worry about other applications. I would worry more about your future hair loss and the proper management of your hair loss. See a local doctor, not in Turkey, who can develop a MASTER plan for you as you may have made a terrible mistake. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Post operative products

Saline spray is the only immediate post operative medication I recommend to help keep grafts moist and healthy and to reduce itching.  After I few weeks, I like to see my patients back on minoxidil and finasteride.  I use PRP with nearly every transplant, and other growth factors which I think are the key factors to a good result.  If you did not have growth factors and PRP they can still be given after 4-6 weeks post operatively.  

Ryan Welter, MD
Boston Hair Restoration Surgeon