I hit my head 4 days after transplant and blood came out. Is it going to damage my grafts? (Photo)

I hit my head 4 days after transplant and blood came out. Is it going to damage my grafts?

I cannot tell if your "bump" to your head is in the donor are or recipient area judging by the pic however if you bumped your head in the recipient area and at 4 days, and possibly the sites that were created were large, then yes it is possible that you may have bumped a few grafts out of their site. Or dislodged it enough to bleed but NOT totally lost the grafts. I would suggest that you consult your nearest hair restoration professional for further advice and hopefully in person.

New Orleans Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hitting head 4 days after transplant

You may seriously damage and cause death of follicles ıf your grafts also pup up through oozing blood. so it is better to look and investigate any grfat seen on skin or hat ??

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hit head after transplant

Based on your photo it does not appear that there has been much damage to the grafts.The worst case scenario would be that you lost just a few grafts-in the overall results this should have no effect and you should expect a nice result.

David Deutsch, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Bleeding areas

typically by day 3 the grafts are relatively secure, however, if you bump your head with force enough to cause bleeding, you may have dislodged some of the grafts. You should follow up with the surgeon who did your procedure.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

If there was significant trauma, you may have damaged your grafts. There is no way to tell with a photo.

If there was significant trauma, you may have damaged your grafts.  There is no way to tell with a photo.  If you are concerned it is best to follow up with your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon