Keto diet after transplant?

Hi, I just had my 5th hair transplant surgery this past Saturday. I'm an obese 33 year old male and desperately need to diet. I find that keto works best for me. Is there a way to do keto and not lose any hair or stunt any new growth?

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Keto diet after transplant

you need protein for good quality wound healing and proper take of grafts .. so I think you would better to wait at least 5-6 weeks after HT for starting hard diet .

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Diet after transplant

A long term adjustment to a lower calorie well balanced diet is always going to be the best thing for your hair.  Added exercise is a benefit as well since increased blood flow is very beneficial to your follicles.  I put a lot of patients on the Help Shake whey protein nutritional supplement and they are able to lose weight given the satiety this protein shake provides.  It also has the added benefit of being good for your hair. 

Ryan Welter, MD
Boston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Keto diet

I would wait until you are fully healed before starting any kind of diet. As long as you are getting plenty of protein, eating green leafy vegetables, and taking a hair supplement such as viviscal professional you should be fine and not trigger telogen effluvium. Avoid crash dieting or large amounts of weight loss, it should be a gradual change in order to not affect your hair!

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician