Weird feeling in the nose 2 weeks after rhinoplasty?

Two days ago I started to feel my nose heavier than before. I feel weird sensation in my nose, it's not pain but more of a tingling, numb, paresthesia feeling. it also feels like I have some pressure on top of my nose. I constantly feel my nose. I can live with it, but I'm afraid it's not supposed to feel like that. Can you tell me if that's normal? I asked my surgent and he told me that strange feeling can happen, but he wasn't patient enough to hear exactly how what I feel so I'm not sure...

Numbness in nose

all noses are densely numb for 6-18 months after a rhinoplasty - it will recover long term . in addition noses tend to be much firmer long term after rhinoplasty

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Strange sensations in the nose following rhinoplasty

The sensations you listed - heaviness, paresthesias (pins and needles), numbness, and tiny electric shocks - are all normal sensations after rhinoplasty surgery.  Many times the sensory nerves are stretched, bruised, or cut; the brain continues to send signals and the nerves regenerate at a rate of 1mm/day.  You may feel these sensations for up to 3 months following surgery.