Exercise after otoplasty.

It's two weeks since my otoplasty and I was wondering if I could do exercise like push ups and stuff?

Otoplasty. Exercise

Hi. It`s important that you ask your plastic surgeon who operated you so he /she can tell you what to do and what not to do. Usually it`s ok to do exercise after an otoplasty however you should be careful not to hit your ears. Good luck

Should be fine

Of course you should ask your surgeon but certainly with the posterior based techniques it should be ok. No contact sports though. Hope that helps. Adam Goodwin

Exercise after otoplasty.

If you were operated on with the minimally invasive Merck stitch method, you may already do exercises on the day of the operation. If you were operated on with a traditional method, you should ask your surgeon.

Waldemar Merck, MD
Germany Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after Otoplasty

Thank you for your question. I would first contact your surgeon for a release to exercise.  He/she will have specific post-operative instructions for you after your surgery.  In general, beginning a light exercise regimen, two weeks post-operatively, should be okay.  Remember that you will still have swelling, and anything you do to raise your blood pressure with increase this.  It may not be a bad idea to wear your ear support garment while you exercise.I hope that this helps!
-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon