I had done otoplasty 10 days ago I was wondering using headphones will do damage to my ears or slow swelling time?

Otoplasty. Headphones

Hi. Thank you for your question. There is no inconvenience to use headphones. They just shouldn`t be too big so that they put too much pressure on your ears. It would be better to use smaller ones in the beginning, those which are placed in the auditory canal.

Hope this was helpful.

Using earphones at 10days posts otoplasty

Hi shawn151617,
While headphones may not damage your ears (no actual study has been made), I will still not recommended to do so. As much as possible, we want to allow the incision sites to heal without any possible interference.

Somyos Kunachak, MD
Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon