How long after an otoplasty can I return back to school?

I will get an otoplasty on one of my ears 5 days before school starts from the summer break.Are five days enough or should i wait longer?

Otoplasty. School.

Hi. Thank you for your question. Usually after 7 days, kids are good to go back to school. Obviously this can vary from case to case and the recovery period should be determined by the surgeon who performed the surgery. Anyway, in my experience it`s this timeframe

Time after surgery to return to school

To best guide you, an in person consultation would be recommended with an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon so he or she can assess the full scope of the surgery. It is generally possible to return to work or school on a limited basis after 5 days.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Otoplasty

Thank you for your question.  It is always best to first consult with your operating physician when you have any questions related to post operative care and instructions as every surgeon has their own unique set of instructions for their patients.  That being said, many patients find they are able to return to light office work , or in your case school, about a week after surgery.
With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD