Can I get a haircut after an otoplasty?

Can i get a haircut a few days after an otoplasty?.If not how long should i wait? Moreover if i say to my hairdresser to be gentle and not touch my ear is it a good idea to go?

Otoplasty. Haircut

Sure, you can cut your hair right away. It is only important that you advice your hairdresser that he has to be careful around your ears and don`t pull or move your ears in any way.

Hope this was helpful

When is the best time for a haircut?

Get it a few days before the procedure! I have seen barbers move the ears around as they are doing their work...so why not have the surgery AFTER your fresh haircut!! That way you don't have to worry about it.Be well,
Dr Beverly Johnson

Beverly Johnson, MD
Silver Spring Dermatologic Surgeon

Haircut after an otoplasty

It is totally  acceptable to get a haircut after an otoplasty procedure. You can get a haircut  anytime after the surgical procedure as long as the bandages have been removed.

Haircut after Ear Pinning

As long as the person cutting your hair does not forcibly push or fold  the ear foreward and understands the importance of being gentle it should be safe to go. I would wait 3-4 weeks to go and caution him/ her about the ears. 
Dr. Peter A. Aldea
Memphis, TN