Will 460cc implants make me an F cup? (photos)

I am 5ft 8" & 135lbs. I am currently a D/DD cup but they look a bit deflated after having 3 children. I am 34.

Breast Implant Sizing

Bra cup sizes are very difficult to predict or plan for because bra manufacturers have no set standards for sizing and anatomical differences in your chest/ribcage will also affect cups. My patients find it helpful to try on implant sizers with a form-fitting T-shirt in the office so that they can get an idea of what they will look like. I recommend choosing through this process with your Plastic Surgeon, rather than aiming for a cup size.All the best

Will 460cc make you an F cup?

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants

See a good local plastic surgeon

Thank you for your question and for posting your photo. You're already asking the right questions and the best thing to do is to go and see a good plastic surgeon near to your home for consultation and examination. The key question is if you want to be a bit bigger (in which case you need implants) or infact if you like your size but want a fuller shape (this is achieved with uplift mastopexy). After you have seen your plastic surgeon you might choose both implants and uplift (augmentation mastopexy) to give you a larger and better shaped breasts. It all depends on the result you want and the type of treatment you choose. I hope this helps.

Chris Dunkin, MBBS, MRCS, MD
Leeds Plastic Surgeon

Implants alone

Having a breast augmentation alone in your case would be a mistake and you would be unhappy with the shape and position of the nipples after surgery. You would be better served with a lift+BA, this will give you better shape of the breasts, better nipple position and the superior fullness you desire. As for sizing, picking implant size based upon your chest dimensions is the best way to select an implant. Having a 460cc implant placed would increase you 2-3 bra sizes most likely. Best to discuss with your surgeon in person.

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Lift with Implants

You need a lift (mastopexy) +/- implants.  Breast Augmentation is an excellent way to both add volume to smaller breasts, or if your wanting more volume to your current size and when combined with a lift, it can restore a youthful appearance for breasts, like yours, that have started to droop or sag. No one wants a mastopexy (lift) but unfortunately some women need them. I would strongly discourage just implants. Implants will cause your breast to sag further and your result will be less than desirable. Best Of Luck.

Implants without lift

Based on these photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast lift.  I would suggest that you will not get the position shape and symmetry that you would like with an implant

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. It depends on your chest wall measurements and existing breast tissue as implant size does not accurately correlate to a bra size.  It also depends on the brand and style of bra you wear as size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. SchwartzBoard Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon