Compression band causing pain?

Had my week one post op appt today and all looks good so far. My PS told me to stop wearing my support bra and to only wear a compression band. Within two hours of putting on the band I found my lower breast area especially on my left side became incredibly painful. I haven't been this uncomfortable in several days what's going on? Is the compression band causing it?

Incision Discomfort

There is likely more pressure on the lower breast/Fold at the moment but if pain is significant it is worth asking your Plastic Surgeon to examine you in person and make sure your compression band is not too tight or folds compromised.
All the best

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.I would schedule an appointment with your surgeon to give you a physical examination to determine what is causing this discomfort. Throughout your recovery period you may experience different sensations such as tingling, burning or intermittent shooting pain.  These are normal experiences as the skin, muscles and tissue stretch to accommodate your implants, and as sensory nerves heal. You are also going to be quite swollen still and this can cause discomfort too but the swelling will begin to resolve and the breasts will start to soften over the next few weeks.
Best of luck in your recovery!
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Compression band

Compression bands are only needed if the implant is tending to sit a little high - if it is causing pain then consult your surgeon for permission to stop using it - a support bra for 6 weeks should be fine

Ditch the band

After breast augmentation I find no particular advantage to the use of surgical bras. In fact, I find that they can do more harm than good. They hold the implants too high, preventing them from dropping into position. In addition, they can put pressure on the healing breast or the wound. They provide no advantage. If the surgery was performed correctly, external appliances after surgery are unnecessary to achieve the appropriate final implant position. At one month we allow the patients to wear a soft cup bra with no underwire.  At two months, they can wear any bra with a wire without push up.  Before three months it is not wise to buy a whole new set of bras.  By six months, the bra size is not going to change.  You need to try bras on.  Being measured is almost never productive and almost always oversizes.  Find the ones that you like the way they fit.

Compession band

Thank you for your question.You should contact your surgeon for with your concerns and for his/her instructions.The compression band should not be causing you extreme pain. Best wishes.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast augmentation recovery

You should contact your surgeon for instructions on how to proceed.  The band shouldn't cause discomfort to that degree, so your surgeon may change how he/she wants you to use the band or perhaps have you return to a support bra.

Camille Cash, MD

Compression band

Sounds like from your description that your compression band may be aggravating your situation. You should talk to your doctor reqarding what to do.