My breast are asymmetrical and one of my areolas is a lot larger than the other. What can I do? (photos)

Is there anything I can do about my areolas?

Is there anything I can do about my areolas??

Thank you for your question and helpful photos. Your areolas are pointing straight down. Only a breast lift will correct areola position and reshaping of your breasts. Take a look at the video I have attached. The woman filmed wanted perkier breasts with areolas centered and reduced. Breast implants were not necessary in her case as it won't be in your case either. You have plenty of breast tissue to achieve upper pole fullness without the extra cost, maintenance, risks and complications associated with breast implants. Another benefit is less scarring and long term results by taking the weight of your breasts off the skin envelope and transferring the weight to your chest muscles. I invite you to see more results on my gallery.  Best wishes and kind regards,

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Making your breast more even

Thank you for your question. Based on your pictures, I believe you have several options depending on what you want your outcome to be. Overall your options include breast lift, breast reduction, or breast lift with augmentation. If you are happy with your breast size but want more symmetry and an uplifted appearance, then a breast lift with removal of breast tissue on the left breast would help.If you want to be perkier and smaller, then you could have a breast reduction on both breasts and have more breast tissue removed from the larger breast.  For a third option, If you want to be perkier and larger, then you could undergo a breast lift with implants, placing a larger implant on the right  (smaller side).In all of the above procedures, the areolas can be reduced in size at the same time.In my experience, the best option for you depends on what you want your final outcome to be with regards to breast size and shape.,

Breast lift

Hi and thank you for your pictures and questions.  It is very common to have asymmetric breasts.  A bilateral breast lift with a small reduction on the left side would improve your symmetry, reduce the size of your areolae and give you much more shapely and uplifted breast.  best to meet with a plastic surgeo in person who can fully examine you and discuss your options.  Best of luck!

Breast asymmetry and areola reduction

An areola reduction can be performed on the larger breast to match the smaller one. For asymmetry in size, you have two options:
1. breast reduction in the larger breast
2. breast augmentation in the smaller breast

If you’re concerned about sagging as well, you can get a breast lift. This can be performed with the reduction or augmentation.

Lift without implants

Based on these photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast lift.  I would suggest that you will not get the position shape and symmetry that you would like with an implant

Breast lift and symmetrisation surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.After having analyzed all the information sent to us, i can realize that you have a breast asymmetry, because the left breast is sagging more than the right and the areola is bigger.
In my practice in cases like yours, i perform a "Breast Lift W/ implants - Symmetrization Surgery".
Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast asymmetry correction

Thank you for your question and providing photos.
Breast asymmetry is very common and can present in a number of ways.  Based on your photos alone, you would best benefit a right vertical mastopexy (lift) and a left vertical mastopexy/reduction.  This operation will correct both your breast size difference as well as create a symmetrical areola.  This is a very common procedure performed.  I encourage you to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Ask to see before and after photos to better understand what the plan and get an idea or your result.
Dr. Mooty

R. Clark Mooty, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation for Asymmetry

Breast augmentation plastic surgery is performed to enhance a woman’s breast size and shape due to lack of development, congenital abnormalities, changes or asymmetries following aging, weight loss, and/or pregnancy. In addition, there may be other reasons for wanting breast implants.. Any women desiring breast augmentation surgery is a candidate as long as there are no health problems present which would preclude her from having surgery.  If the desired goal is to enhance or restore size and shape or to improve asymmetry, breast augmentation is a viable option. Breast augmentation can improve a body image, self-esteem, self-concept, and quality of life. The best thing to do to determine your best options would be to take your questions and concerns to a local board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation and determination of the best procedure. 

My breast are asymmetrical and one of my areolas is a lot larger than the other. What can I do?

You may want to consider a breast lift and reduction of the larger breast to match the smaller one. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

My breasts are asymmetrical and one of my areolas is a lot larger than the other. What can I do?

Hi there, thank you for your question. Yes, you have options regarding your concerns. Speak with a plastic surgeon regarding a breast lift and areola reduction. The procedures mentioned should assist with obtaining your goals. Best, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD