I have numbness and tingling sensation in my ring finger and little finger after gynaecomastia surgery.

As soon as I keep both my hands down while sleeping my little finger and ring finger get numb in no time..I am wearing a compression garment also. what can be the reason for this?

Numbness or tingling in fingers after surgery

Your ring finger (outer side only) and small finger are innervated by the ulnar nerve.  Your thumb, other fingers, and the inner side of your ring finger are innervated by the median nerve.  Check out your ring finger and notice the difference between inner and outer, or medial and lateral sides.  Chances are that your ulnar nerve in your arm got stretched a little while your arms were outstretched on arm boards while you were in surgery.  This is not uncommon at all and usually goes away within a few weeks.  Hope this helps..

Numbness and Tingling Post Gynecomastia Surgery

Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.