Visible scar after alar base reduction. Can the scar be removed? (Photo)

Hi, I just got alar base reduction a week ago, and noticed that there's a major scar on the right side of my nostril. By the looks of it, it seems as though there's a piece of skin missing or something. I'm worried that it'll become an ugly scar. Will it fade over time, or will I always have an ugly scar. If so, would I be able to fix it in the future? I don't think a revision alar base is necessary because my nostrils are small enough, but can the scar be removed? Thank you!

Rhinoplasty

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Post Alar-Plasty Visible Incision

I would suggest that you speak with your surgeon regarding your concern with your incisions as he she knows best where you are in the healing process. With that said, you are in the early stages of healing so time is on your side. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Alar Base Scar

You will need to heal first to determine what the scar looks like. Sometimes it can be a pleasant surprise. Be patient. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Alar base reduction scar

Thank you for your question. A scar takes a few months to mature so give it a little more time. It is not unusual for scars to be red for up to 2 months after surgery. If it does not look good after 6-12 months then there are options to remove it (lasers, dermabrasion, scar revisions etc). 

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar will fade with time

It is really too soon to judge your results. Scars fade with time. At only a week post op, you are literally in the infancy of your healing process. Follow your surgeon's post op protocol to the letter and all should be fine.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon