Can laser treatment fade my breast augmentation scar? (Photos)

I need to get rid of my big lumpy breast augmentation scar.. I hate it so much since I work as an entertainer and everyone notices my scars

Use Lasers to Fade Surgical Scars

Thanks for your question.  Lasers could definitely help reduce scars.  We suggest finding a local expert that has multiple platforms.  Depending on your skin type and the amount of downtime, we would probably offer you 3 different options:  PicoSure FOCUS, fractional 1540 nm resurfacing or a fractional CO2 procedure.  There are probably other options as well.  Find a local, experienced medical office and research the options they offer.

Fort Worth Physician

Hypertrophic Scars / Keloids -- Vascular Laser + Fraxel or Intensif, PRP, Skincare, 5fu/steroids

This should be treated with lasers, after a number of treatments it will improve. I suggest avoiding steroids/5fu injections for now till after a few laser sessions.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Scar Improvement with Lasers

Thanks for your question. From the limited pictures, you appear to be a good candidate for scar improvement. There really are 2 issues at hand - one is the color, which is usually best addressed with BBL / IPL.

The second issue is the textural component. For raised scars there has been research with improving scars using a combination of Profractional treatment and then immediately applying medication such as a steriod over the laser holes so it wicks down and can cause the tissue to shrink.

Either way, scars are hard to treat, so do expect that it will take at least 4-6 treatments to get your best results.

Rebecca Gelber, MD
Incline Village Physician