Can lip injections help to correct lip asymmetry? (Photos)

the left side of the upper lip seem to be droopy compare to the right side , aswell the bottom lip has some asymmetry aswell , which product would be the best and how much will I need

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question in regards to lip augmentation. Hyaluronic acid based fillers such as Juvederm would be a great start to help the asymmetry in your lips. Although lip fillers are temporary, HA fillers are also reversible if you end up not liking your results. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

Asymmetry

Yes, lip filler can be used to make lips more symmetrical. In order to know the exact amount of filler you will require to achieve full correction, you will need to be seen in person. However, 1 syringe of Restylane is a good place to start. Correcting asymmetry is a very common use of this filler. 

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Injections will help

The filler used will be based on the doctor preference that you go to.  It is very common to use filler to help correct asymmetries in the lips.  I would keep in mind it will never be completely symmetric from side to side, but it will help to make it similar.  Good luck.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Lip fillers

Lip fillers can better balance lip asymmetries.  You would have to be seen in person to make a better analysis of your needs.

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

Fillers can be used to contour the lip but a drooping upper lip would need a lip lift to give full improvement.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip filler for asymmetry

Hello, and thanks for your question. 

I do think your light asymmetry could be improved with a HA dermal filler. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Can lip injections help to correct lip asymmetry?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Dermal fillers are an excellent way to correct subtle asymmetries in the lips and I prefer the hyaluronic acid family of fillers, such as Juvederm.  Your correction could be accomplished with a single syringe.  Hope this helps.

Lip Asymmetry

Thanks for your question. This is a question that we get asked often by our patients. Lip Injections can definitely help lip asymmetry.  For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with dermal filler and hyaluronic acid cosmetic injections.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Lip Asymmetry

Hello
Your asymmetry is modest so correction must be done with great care because your lips are quite attractive when in repose. I recommend correction with a filler like Juvederm Ultra plus by an experienced injector very conservatively because over correction will cause another asymmetry. If you like the result, then you can consider fat transfer for a longer lasting result. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist with lots of experience treating lips. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Correcting Lip Asymmetry With Injectable Fillers

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Lip injections can definitely help to correct lip asymmetry.  Based on your photographs, you appear to be an excellent candidate for lip augmentation.  I would suggest less than one syringe of Juvederm.  Please be sure to see an experienced injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best course of action.  Best wishes!