A small part of my upper lip is uneven. How do I fix this? (photos)

My part of my lip is uneven due to an accident years ago where my face smashed the ground. My lip is not actually uneven, it is just that a small part of it went colourless so it appears uneven.

Uneven lips

Thank you for sharing your photos. It does seem that the right upper lip appears uneven. If it is due to a loss of color, there are some lip tattooing procedures that are performed which can restore your color in that area. Another option would be to add filler to that side of the lip to increase the height of the vermillion (the red lip) to match the opposite side. Best of luck!

Beverly Hills Physician

Uneven Upper Lip

Thank you for sharing your question. Based on your photos, I would recommend a very small dose of a hyaluronic acid filler (such as Restylane Silk) to correct the unevenness. It should not take much filler to make your upper lips appear even. Please consult with an experienced injector who will be able to assess you in person and make more specific recommendations. Best of luck!

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Lip Augmentation

Thanks for your question. This is a question that we get asked often by our patients. In my professional experience, it is possible to consistently gain better symmetry and overall shape of lips with injection of hyaluronic acid lip fillers as it allows you to completely reverse the results if you do not like them.  While these are temporary (lasting about 6 months) they are quick, simple and have minimal pain or down time. For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with dermal filler and hyaluronic acid cosmetic injections.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

You should start out with 1cc of juvederm filler and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

A small part of my upper lip is uneven. How do I fix this?

Thank you for your question.  A well-placed dermal filler will help create additional volume to the right upper lip and will better approximate the left upper lip.  Hope this helps.

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat

I suggest a small amount of filler to improve this area.  Please see an expert in lip and facial sculpting.  Best, Dr. Emer.