Lines at top of nose/in between eyes after rhinoplasty?

Hello! I had rhinoplasty 8 weeks ago and I have just noticed that I have developed some wrinkles/lines on the top part of my nose in between my eyes. It's 4-5 wrinkles/lines running horizontally like age lines. I wasn't expecting this, is it usual? Is there anything I can do to resolve it? I had some of the bridge of my nose shaved down and some cartilage removed from the tip and I am 35. Thank you!!

Nose still swollen

Thanks for the great question. Those lines could be from two things. The first is they could be from some of the swelling that is still there from the surgery. That swelling will take 3-6 months to mostly resolve. The other possibility is that the lines have always been there, but you just didn't notice them before surgery. A lot of patients spend more time in front of the mirror after surgery and will notice things they've never seen before. Those lines may be from the procerus muscle which can easily be treated with some botox! Best of luck and happy healing!

~Dr. Sieber

Bay Area General Surgeon

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD