I hit my nose on the door now I have a bump. (photos)

I hit the bridge of my nose on the door and it really hurt nothing came up till the next day and now my nose has a bump on the middle and in photos looks white going across will this bump stay ?

Nasal trauma issue

It is hard to say from the very dark photos posted.  If you notice a bump then it might be a good idea to see a plastic surgeon.  Best of luck.

Hit my nose on the door now I have a bump

Trauma to the nose can cause a displaced nasal fracture, a nondisplaced nasal fracture, a callus formation along the bridge line, a fracture of the internal portion of the nose known as a deviated nasal septum, and a dislocation of the upper cartilages off of the nasal bones. It's best to seek out a consultation and examination by a double  certified ENT/facial plastic surgeon to document the extent of the injury along x-rays. For more information  and many examples of nasal fracture repair, please see the link and the video below. If the bump is still present after three months, surgery may be needed to remove it. 

I hit my nose on the door now I have a bump.

How the Rhinoplasty operation is performed?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Is bump permanent?

The photos are really too dark to see anything, but hopefully what you are experiencing is simply swelling. Wait until 6 weeks after the injury and if the bump is still present then schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have it assessed in person.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Nasal trauma

Unfortunately, the photographs that you have submitted are very dark and hard to see the bump you are talking about. I would encourage you to submit some with better lightening. If you have a bump after trauma to your nose I would ice it and see if the swelling starts to go down within a day or two at that point you should be able to see if it is just swelling causing the bump or it is actually crooked due to the trauma. If nothing changes or it gets worse, I would schedule an appointment with your PCP to have it checked out and if it is determine to be broken or fractured, you may want to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon at this point to see what can be done to correct your nose. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon