How long after breast lift can I walk on treadmill?

When to resume normal activity after Breast Lift

After breast lift surgery, it is often possible to return to work within a couple of days or so, depending on your job. In many instances, you can resume most of your normal activities, including some form of mild exercise, after several weeks. You may continue to experience some mild, periodic discomfort during this time, but such feelings are normal. Severe pain should be reported to your doctor. Full resumption of all activities including resistance training may start at six weeks.

Any sexual activity should be avoided for about one or two weeks. After that, care must be taken to be extremely gentle with your breasts for at least the next several weeks. Best of luck!

Dhaval M. Patel 

Double Board Certified 

Plastic Surgeon 

Hoffman Estates 

Barrington 

Oakbrook 

Chicago 

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 7 hours ago

Breast Lift /Breast Reduction/ Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Last contacted 6 hours ago

After breast lift, when can I walk on a treadmill ?

If you are planning on simply walking at a leisurely pace on a treadmill without incline or resistance, then you should be able to do this within a few days of surgery. This is similar to walking around the block.  If you plan on using the treadmill for more of a workout, then you will need to wait about 3-4 weeks before doing that. Every plastic surgeon has a different routine, so check with your surgeon.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 13 days ago

Exercise after a breast lift

Thank you for your question.  Every surgeon will have his/her own preferences as to recovery for specific procedures.  I have patients  wait at least 3 to 4 weeks before running or exercise. It's best to be sure that everything is healed. There is always a chance of causing bleeding if you start much before that time. When you start, listen to your body. You will be a little out of condition and a bit sore. But you will get back to where you were before surgery very quickly. 

Alex Campbell, MD
Colombia Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 1 day ago

Hello, DearThank you so much for your question, after a breast lift, I recommend to my patients return to activities of lower intensity 3-4 weeks after your surgery. this will depend a lot of postoperative.Best regards!

Ramon Morales, MD

Last contacted 2 months ago

Walking post lift

Every surgeon has his best time frame but I think after 4 weeks you could begin walking and weight training after 6 weeks.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 1 day ago

Exercise

It really depends on what has been performed but walking on a treadmill for a standard mastopexy where there have been no wound issues could be performed after 2-3 weeks in a support bra. There is no hard and fast rule but you need to discuss this with your PS. 

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 2 days ago

Exercise and breast lift

For my patients, I usually recommend avoiding light aerobic activities for about 3-4 weeks and then vigorous activity for about 6-8 weeks.  Best to ask your surgeon. Good luck.

Last contacted 59 minutes ago

Exercise following a Breast Lift

Thank you for this great question! Following a breast lift I typically will request my patients to refrain from doing any strenuous exercise which will elevate the heart rate for 4 weeks. Remember that when you elevate your heart rate you will increase your blood pressure which subsequently increases your swelling. Now this does not mean that I expect my patients to just sit on the couch for 4 weeks doing absolutely nothing. It is very good to get up, out, and move around. If you have an exercise schedule I always recommend my patients to keep their schedule as close to routine as possible although substituting a light stroll for the heavy work out. I would advise you to follow up with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon as he/she will most likely have a tailored post-operative recover plan for you. Every surgeon views post-surgery activity differently and it is always best practice to follow up with your surgeon when it comes to your own personal care.I do hope you have found this information helpful and I wish you luck! 

Patrick Viscardi, MD
South Bend Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 12 hours ago

Walking on the treadmill after a breast lift

Plastic surgeons may vary in their recommendations. It's always good to see what your surgeon's protocol would be. I advise my patients to take it easy for a week (no sex, for example) so as to minimize their chance of postoperative bleeding. I further advise that they can return to the treadmill by the 21st day. I hope this information helps. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 11 hours ago