I have united healthcare would that cover a breast lift?

I'm currently pregnant but due this month, an just trying to get info.. My boobs are saggy & disgusting to me.., I want & need them lifted.. I feel so insecure when I'm intimate with my husband. I hate looking at myself naked..

Insurance breast lift?

Thank you for the question. Insurance MAY cover a breast reduction if there is well documented medical necessity;ie, neck, back, shoulder pain, shoulder strap grooving, numbness in the hands. Also,  insurance companies frequently require the removal of a certain weight of breast tissue to be covered. A breast lift for aesthetic purposes is considered cosmetic and is not covered by insurance.Good Luck,

Breast lift and insurance

Unfortunately, breast lift surgery is not a covered procedure. You will have to pay for it yourself. Best of luck.

Elective procedures are not typically covered by insurance.

Hello, and thanks for your question. Unless there is an underlying medical concern, cosmetic procedures like breast lifts aren’t typically covered by insurance because they’re considered elective procedures. That said, however, many reputable practices will offer financing options to help make your procedure as affordable as possible. I would consider consulting a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your options. Best of luck!

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures. At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Breast lift?

This procedure is usually not covered by insurance but if you want to investigate further call the member services number on the back of your insurance card and ask them if they cover breast lift/reduction. IF yes ask if there any participating providers near you to consult with. Best of luck.

Asaf Yalif, MD
Roswell Plastic Surgeon

I am not aware of any insurance company in Tennessee that covers breast lifts. Many insurance companies in TN are not even covering breast reductions unless you have very large, heavy breasts that are symptomatic and they regularly will deny coverage for even these patients. If you wear a D or DD bra size, you will likely be considered a breast lift cosmetic

I doubt very seriously you will find any insurance company willing to cover a breast lift. This is simply cosmetic and is not seen as having a necessary health benefit. The only way would be if you were wanting a breast reduction too. Some insurance companies will cover breast reductions taken down to a specific size. A breast lift is generally included in a breast reduction surgery. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Insurance coverage for breast lift

A breast lift is a cosmetic operation (except for patients who have it done on one side to match the other side after cancer surgery), so in my experience there's no insurance coverage for breast lift (with any insurance plan, not just United).    Be sure to discuss these with your surgeon at the time of your consultation, since my advice can't be considered a treatment recommendation without a consultation visit.

Will my insurance cover a breast lift?

Thank you for your question.  A breast lift or mastopexy is considered cosmetic and not covered by insurance.  Some patients may qualify for a breast reduction depending upon one's carrier's inclusion criteria.  This would require an examination and review of health and symptoms to make a judgement and then a letter to the insurance for authorization.  Seek a board certified plastic surgeon for exam and advice.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Insurance

Breast lifts are considered cosmetic procedures, and no insurance companies cover them. A breast reduction may be covered by insurance companies if certain criteria are fulfilled.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon