Do the silicone strips help to heal the redness faster as well as flattening the scar?

Do the silicone stips help to heal the redness faster as well as flattening the scar. Is there a brand that anyone recommends. I have very sensitive skin. I see there r so many different brands.

TT Scar Treatments

After a tummy tuck procedure, it is necessary to begin a scar therapy treatment early in the healing process. Embrace Active Scar Defense is an example of a silicone strip. It relieves tension on your incision, which helps prevent bad scarring and promotes the best aesthetic result for your scar. Using a silicone scar gel after Embrace will help further reduce the appearance of your tummy tuck scar. A commonly recommended scar gel product is bioCorneum. A silicone scar gel is thought to provide hydration and collagen regulation, leading to an even more diminished appearance of your scar. Consult your board-certified plastic surgeon regarding his or her recommendations for you. Good luck in your recovery!

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

I have found that Silicone for improved scar healing is idiosyncratic (it works on some scars) and the use of which is tolerated by most. I certainly don't think it hurts to apply the strips to early scar and believe that the pressure from the strip results in flattening out of the scar. Whether time or the strip results in a less red scar compared to other dressings i think is difficult to speculate about. In essence you have nothing to loose and the strips are inexpensive. Good luck with your scars.

Gideon Maresky, MD
South Africa Plastic Surgeon

Silicone Sheets

I think the silicone sheets are more helpful for flattening of the scar though may also aid with redness. Cica-care is the brand I recommend and can easily be ordered online. Best of luck.