Spondilolysthesis pain.

I have a condition called spondilolysthesis in L2/3. Will a lower body lift or tummy tuck help with reducing back pain due to this condition. It is grade 1. Thanks

Back pain

While some patients feel that some of their back pain is improved after tummy tuck, I would NOT recommend electing to do this operation specifically with that goal in mind. It should be a hoped for secondary effect of a procedure done for cosmetic purposes. A Grade I spondylolisthesis is actually quite minor and most patients have good relief with proper physical therapy and exercise.

Tummy tuck and lower back pain

Dear tighter,                                                                                                                                                              Tummy tuck surgery is one of the best investments in yourself and specifically in your case it can help you with your lower back pain, due to 4 reasons:                                                                                               1. Improved body posture. By tightening the abdominal muscles, the bowel and intra peritoneal fat, are prevented from moving forward and consequently stabilizing your center of gravity and reducing the stress on the lower back.                                                                                                                                            2. Strengthening   of the abdominal muscles takes off part of the physical load from your back .                    3. Weight loss due to the muscles tightening , which reduces the amount of food that you can eat and your sense of hunger. Obviously, that reduces the strain on your back.                                                              4. Exercise. Many of my patients improve their self esteem after tummy tuck and feel more confident going to the gym to exercise, strengthening their abdominal and back muscle.                                                           You have to realize , though, that not all results are the same, because experience , skills and aesthetic eye are critical in obtaining good and safe outcome. So do your due diligence carefully and choose your surgeon wisely.                                                                                                                                  Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery , to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with flat stomach, visibly improved posture  and   weight loss.                                                                                                                                                                                         Best of luck,                                                                                                                                                                               Dr Widder