No Change After Gyno Surgery. How Long Should I Wait?

Hi there, I had Gyno surgery last week (3rd of June) to have the glands removed. Before surgery as well as having a large chest I also had very pointed nipples, I am now a week post surgery and although the pointed nipples are gone the actual breast like shapes on my chest still look as they did before the surgery? I am aware there would be swelling but my chest doesnt look swollen, just as it was before! Is it likely to be swelling and if so when would I be likely to see any changes? Thanks

Post-op

It can take up to three months to see your complete results. It is way too early. There should be some difference at a week. Follow up with your PS

When to Consider Gynecomastia Surgery Revision

The areas after Gynecomastia Surgery may feel “lumpy” or irregular, and should decreases with time. Often massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. Also, the #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible that any indentations could be addressed with fat grafting or cosmetic filler(s) if eligible.

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

No Change After Gyno Surgery

Sorry for your disappointment regarding the initial stage. However you are very early in the healing process and it is too early to assess the results. Voice your concerns to your surgeon, and observe the change over the next 3 to 6 months.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Gynecomastia Results

You are still early in the recovery process so I would ask that you be patient regarding your results.  Best to keep your follow up appointments with your surgeon and maybe seeing your before and after photos side by side may help you see the difference after surgery.