Why Does my Chest Still Look Like I Have Gyno After Gyno Surgery?

Hello my name is Michael I live in terre haute IN. 10 months ago I had a true case of gyno on left side of pectoral and went to Dr. Colman in Indianapolis to have it removed. I'm in perfect shape I workout and yet It still looks like I have gyno.. It's not quite as big but still very noticeable, my nipple is as big as it was per surgery. Could it be the scar tissue inside or the dr didn't do a good job? Will I need nipple reduction? My dr swears it will go down by itself?.. Thank you for advice

What to Expect Post Gynecomastia Surgery

Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Hello

Without a before and after picture it’s hard to give you accurate advice. You need to be seen by your PS to determine that. The swelling does take time about 9-12 months for it to subside.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS (in memoriam)