What vitamins should I be taking prior to getting a bbl? And what vitamins should I take after bbl?

I would like to know what vitamins to take before my surgery (Ex. Iron, vitamin C, zinc. Etc) also what should I continue to take after surgery

Supplements

This really differs per practice seeing as every surgeon has a slightly different post operative protocol. Vitamin C can aid in recovery and reduce inflammation so it is beneficial to take that daily. This is what I generally recommend for my patients pre and post operatively for daily good health: Vitamin C with rose hips 1000mg 3xdaily,  Zinc 50mg daily, L-Arginine 1000mg daily, Probiotic daily (recommend probiotic America obtained off the internet), Organic apple cider vinegar (2teasoons in 8oz glass 3x 1day), High protein diet (es. Chicken, fish, lentils, quinoa, brown rice), and Alkalinize your body (es. Dark leafy vegetables, fruits, etc). I hope this helps. Best of luck. 

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Vitamins Before and After a BBL

It is not recommendable to take any vitamin or medicine in general before this type of surgeries, at least on the five days prior the surgery day, to prevent bleeding problems. Depending on your hemoglobin level and if your surgeon recommends, you can take Iron pills, one or two daily in the morning time with orange juice for a better absortion. Do not take the Iron at night because it cause constipation. After the surgery, you should take only the medicine and vitamins that your Doctor recommends. 

Have a beautiful day!

Respectfully,

Dr. Fernando Robles Rodriguez

I would like to know what vitamins to take before my surgery (Ex. Iron, vitamin C, zinc. Etc) also what should I continue to tak

Great question!

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as
every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for there
patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource and he should be the best person to give you all the right answers of medications that you should take or not before your procedure with your medical history.

I wish you well through your surgery and recovery process,

James McAdoo DO FACOS,  AOA dual board certified general and plastic / reconstructive surgeon 

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

We recommend stopping supplements a week before surgery and you especially want to avoid anything that could have blood thinning properties. You can restart vitamins one day after surgery and its always good to eat a balanced diet. 

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Vitamins

Thank you for your question.  Every surgeon has a different pre and post operative protocol.  At my office, we only suggest a multiple vitamin.  There is many different vitamins that will thin the blood which needs to be avoided for 2 weeks prior to surgery.  Please talk with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon on their pre and post operative protocols.  Good Luck

Vitamins and BBl

I usually recommend one multivitamin a day and some extra C for healing. Best to ask your surgeon what he prefers.