Surgical Scar on Jawline. Any suggestions? (photos)

The long surgical scar is a little more than a year. It doesn't seem to recover well, and resulted in hypertrophic/keloid scar. The scar below it is about 4 months old, I had it cover with silicone tape 24/7, so it doesn't raise, but the scar become really wide. What can I do at this point?

Scar options

I would recommend starting with a vascular laser such as the Vbeam
pulsed dye laser to reduce redness and improve appearance. This can be
combined with or followed by in subsequent session a fractional laser -
either ablative or non-ablative depending on physician assessment.
Intralesional injections of 5-fluorouracil can be used on any thick areas. There are many
treatment options and I think very significant potential for improvement
in these scars - I encourage you to seek treatment. During this time you can continue to use silicone - there are a number of clear silicone gel products available such as Biocorneum.

Hypertrophic Scar/Keloid -- Pulsed Dye Laser/VBeam, 5fu/steroids, Fraxel/Viva, CO2, Aerolase

I would suggest an in person consultation with an expert for evaluation. Hypertrophic scarring should be treated in a combination approach with lasers along with steroid/5fu injections. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Treatment of surgical scar

Thank you for your question.  I carefully studied your photo and believe you would benefit from treating this surgical scar with a two-tier approach.  The first step is a series of injections to flatten the scar with a mixture of kenalog and 5-FU. These injections should be spaced about 4 weeks apart and require a few treatments. Once the scar is flat, I recommend using a vascular laser which will seal the blood vessels, stimulate your collagen and decrease the redness. Similar to the injections of kenalog and 5-FU, you will require a few treatments, usually 4-6 weeks apart.  I believe this is the best approach to minimize any risk of additional scarring. 
Good luck,
Dr. Ariel Ostad MD PC

Ariel Ostad, MD