I have a 6 month old scar on the bridge of my nose, is it a keloid? (photos)

No stitches - just let a scab form. I noticed today with an updated picture that it looks as if it has grown in size but has flattened out. A plastic surgeon told me 1 month ago that it was an atrophic scar and that skin loss was apparent. What does this mean in terms of how this scar is healing? Will it continue growing and if so how can I stop that from happening? for scar management I keep petroleum jelly on it day and night and massage once or twice a day, I use sunscreen when I'm outside.

Laser therapy for your nose scars

Your scar is definitely inflamed. I would recommend a combination of Plato's Scar Serum, intralesional therapy, and vascular laser. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Scar on Face -- Lasers, Microneedling, Peels, Skin Care

This scar is not a keloid, and is still in the healing process. Treatment with lasers, microneedling, peels, and skin care will improve the appearance. Please see a board certified dermatologist for further evaluation and treatment. Best, Dr. Emer

I have a 6 month old scar on nasal bridge, is it a keloid?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Your scar is not a keloid and appears to be maturing nicely in fact.  I can appreciate it's redness but this will fade over the next several weeks and you can accelerate this process by being sure to use sunblock on it every day.  Get a sunscreen with titanium and zinc as one of the top 3 active ingredients. Best wishes.