How long can I go between microneedling treatments if money is a factor for me?

I can't afford to do them as frequently as 4-6 weeks at $500 a pop. That's how much they cost where I live. But I could afford to get them every 2-3 months. Would that longer time between treatments defeat the purpose? Thank you!

Timing between Microneedling Sessions

It is recommend to have microneedling done ever 4-6 weeks to achieve the best results. If you wait longer, you may get less results. It also depends on why you are receiving treatment. If you are getting microneedling for acne or scars, you would need to have treatment closer together. Best of Luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Timing between Microneedling

It's best to have them done initially closer together, the first few sessions, and then they can be done as maintenance to get best result for your money.  You may want to ask your doctor where you get the procedure done to see if they will give you a reduced price (package price) if you purchase a few treatments in advance. There is always savings in that respect.

David P. Melamed, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Spacing out microneedling

Microneedling is recommended to be spaced about one month between treatments.  If you wait longer, you may just get less of a result.  Good luck!

Debra M. Kroll, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Micro Needling Frequency

It is best to get micro needling every 4-6 weeks to get the best results.  If you space them out longer, you might not be able to see or appreciate the results immediately, but you will likely get a good result over the long term.  It also depends on why your are going for the treatments.  If it is for general improvement of the skin, spacing them out is fine.  If you are getting micro needling for acne or other scars, you need to get them closer together.

Getting the Most for Your Money--Add PRP to Microneedling

Everytime you get microneedling, it will be helpful. I do recommend adding prp to your microneedling treatments to optimize your results. See an expert for best outcomes. Best, Dr. Emer