Is microneedling with PRP a permanent procedure for ice pick chicken pox scars?

I have 6 tiny ice pick chicken pox scars on my forehead. Went to 3 docs, suggested 2 methods. 1) Punch excision 2) Micro needling. Doc told me that- punch excision is just exchanging round scar with a line scar. Micro needling with PRP sounds reasonable, but price is around $2500 for 4 times procedures. Is micro needling is a permanent treatment ? interesting thing I found was derma roller, which can be bought $20 in internet same function as micro needling. Any suggestions?

Treating ice pick facial scars

Thank you for asking about your ice pick scars.

True ice pick scars will not be improved with microneedling. Such scars go right through the skin. 

The reason your microneedling is so expensive is the harvesting of the PRP. It is a highly enzymatic platelet layer that has many medical uses but it's use in scar repair is unproven. I suggest you try a single punch excision done under magnification. If you like the result, do the rest.

A dermaroller will not do as much as a professional microneedling machine like SkinPen but at $20, why not try it?

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS