Why is my nose pointy and funny looking when I smile? What should I do? (Photos)

The tip of my nose when I smile is pointy as well as the bottom part of my nice sticks out when I am smiling. I'm the middle person in the second photo.

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us. In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features. Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Rhinoplasty for a pointy nose and hanging columella

A full set of animated and animated photographs are required to make a determination about a surgical procedure on the nose.  The overall projection of the nose can be decreased, and the tip lifted, and the hanging columella reduced which would all help with those issues.  Rhinoplasty is a very difficult endeavor,   So choose your surgeon based on extensive experience.  For more information and many examples, please see the video and link below

Hello and thank you for your question. It is difficult to give you accurate advice based on these photographs alone.  Based on what I can see, you may benefit from a nasal tip de-projection to make your nose less pointy. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD