1 week post op. I'm 5'7 with 700 cc submuscular silicone implants. Does this look normal? (Photo)

I had my augment done 7 days ago. With my body frame , a larger implant was necessary as told to me by 2 different surgeons. Bottom of my breast is not quite filled by implant and I am nervous they will notfill out as they should. My doctor had me startthe excercises on Day 6 and I am hoping they make a difference and soon! Opinions on this please and thank you!

Does this look normal?

Immediately after surgery, the area will look swollen and the implants will ride high. Wait at least 4-6 months and allow things to settle prior to properly evaluating your result. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.Follow instructions and keep your postop appointments. Don't get discouraged at this time, it should get better.Good luck.

1 week post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. Its early to talk about results. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Normal healing process

You are still early in the healing process after breast augmentation. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change along with cleavage. It can take 4-6 months before the implants look and feel like they belong to you. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have for his or her evaluation and advice . Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francsico Bay Area

#realself #breastaugmentation #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

It looks like you might have benefited from a lift.  Things may change with some more time, but you may need a lift when things settle.

Breast lift and implant

Your implants will probably come down over the next few days or weeks. I do not know if they will ever get low enough considering the low position of your nipples before surgery. You likely will need a lift at some point. Good luck.

Implant position after augmentation

As others have mentioned, this is much too early to judge.  Implant position may settle for up to six months.  However, if I had to make an educated guess, I suspect you may benefit from a slight lift as well.  If the implant does not settle after six months, this can always be performed at a later time.  In the meantime, keep in close contact with your surgeon to evaluate your progress.
Best of luck! Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Early in the healing process

You are very early in the healing process and it will take months to get to your final result.  That being said from your preop photographs it appears that you may very well have benefited from a lift in addition to the implants.  I do not know if this was offered to you or not and you will need to wait until all has healed until you know your final result however I suspect you may not fill out the bottom of the breasts.  Good luck and heal quickly!

1 week post op. I'm 5'7 with 700 cc submuscular silicone implants. Does this look normal?

You are very early in your healing process so just give your body time to heal. Remember that implants tend to sit high initially but will drop and settle over the next several weeks to months. If you are still nervous, best to see your operating surgeon so you can be properly reassured. Good luck!

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Concerns after breast augmentation surgery…

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Your concerns are understandable. Based on your preoperative photograph, even with your arms slightly elevated, it seems like you MAY have been a good candidate for  breast lifting as well.

Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other. As breast implants "settle", they tend to round out the lower breast poles. As this occurs, the nipple/areola complexes seem higher on each breast mound.  Also, in my opinion, the "drop and fluff” phenomenon does hold some validity; as breast implants “settle”, many patients feel that their breasts actually look larger. Although online consultants cannot predict whether or not you will be pleased with the long-term outlook, of the procedure performed, it is safe to predict that the breasts will change. 

Best to follow your plastic surgeon for more specifics. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.