I am weak, can barely walk, is this implant related?

I've had them for 3 months. Since day 1 I've had joint pain. Recently hospitalized for stroke like symptoms. The tests on my brain were normal. I'm following up with my doctor today. I'm 37 very active and now, I can't walk. Please help?

I would doubt it. After having done several thousand breast augmentations for over 40 years, I have never seen such a reaction. Maybe you have an infection or something. You definitely need to see your PS for his opinion. Good luck.

I am sorry to hear about your health issues, but it is very unlikely that they are related to the implants. While there is anecdotal information out there on the internet, no scientific studies have shown any link between silicone implants and any systemic disease.If your medical evaluation fails to turn up anything, you can certainly choose to have your implants removed either temporarily or permanently. This may give you peace of mind that you have done everything possible to improve your health.

Sorry to hear.

thanks for your question. Based on all available medical evidence it is difficult to connect your symptoms to your breast augmentation. That being said, you need to have a thorough and complete medical evaluation to determine what the problem is. A good internist is the best first place to start. I recommend not rushing into any conclusions or decisions such as implant removal. Best of luck to you.

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Weak post aug

Thius is tough to answer.There are women who have had multiple medical issues after having breast implants placed and once they are removed they get better.So see how the tests do.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon