Is it possible to develop these side effects from breast implants?

I have had my implants for 10 years. Could I now have developed side effects from the implants. I have suddenly developed joint and muscle pain. Is it possible to develop these types of side effects after all this time.

Breast Implants and Systemic Disease

Hello,It seems that another celebrity has (re-) created a stir about breast implants again.  Your implants are not the cause of your symptoms. Nothing may be causing your symptoms for that matter. Alternatively, if you did develop an autoimmune disease (very unlikely), you would have regardless of implants. Best of luck!

Breast implant late komplication

Dear Vicki Cobb,

Years ago a disease was identified like rheumatoid arthritis symptoms due to the immune reaction to the silicone breast implants but later any direct relation is not found with the breast implants. Probably you have some kind of autoimmune or rheumatism like disease. It is better to be checked by an internal disease specialist and if your condition will not respond to medical treatment then you should check your implants for rupture. Good luck.

Ege Ozgentas, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon