Should I get a facelift or should I get fillers and Botox like to look younger? (photo)

Don't like the creases on my-lips Also would like my lips fuller they have shrunken my eyelids are baggy and I got fat pockets under my eyes

Surgical vs Non Surgical Facial Rejuvenation...HOW to decide?? Ask Dr Ellen

Hi there,

Specific treatment with fillers will add volume to your lips and some modest contour to your face.  Most of your facial lines are the result of gravity, not animation, so the value of Botox as a solution to reduce your type of lines is not great.

Non surgical facial rejuvenation seems to have the best results in individuals who have early signs of facial aging. In my experience, once the lower face and neck show drooping, the fillers and neurotoxins become less successful and require multiple repeat treatment.

With that said, I think your best bang for the buck would be to consider a surgical plan that would restore a youthful shape to your face/neck and  lift your eyelids/ debulk the fatty tissue.

Thanks for asking!  Dr Ellen

Westport Plastic Surgeon

Surgical Facial Rejuvenation

Thanks for your question. As you can imagine there is not a lot you can't have done these days. A facelift should address the concerns you have so can be varied to suit. If your skin is loose, sagging or creating the appearance of jowls you may be a good candidate for Concept™ Facelift Surgery. This type of Rhytidectomy is unique as the facelift is performed under local anaesthetic, and is less invasive than traditional methods, meaning the cosmetic surgery has a significantly faster recovery time. The cosmetic procedure is similar to a mini facelift as it is performed with a short scar that runs in front of the ear, down to the ear lobe and tucked behind the ear. There will be no dressings or drains afterwards. This is performed as a day case, walk in-walk out procedure with minimal bruising and downtime.  
This procedure if often combined with eyelid surgery which again can be performed under local anaesthetic, only taking approximately 1.5 hours. Please find a reputable and qualified surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve. All The Best

Amir Nakhdjevani, MBBS, MRCS, FRCS (Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

A surgical facelift is a better option for you

A facelift will give you a more dramatic result, longer lasting result.  Although initially more expensive than botox and fillers, over time you actually save money.  In fact you would likely spend just as much on non-surgical treatments in less than 3 years than what it would cost you to get a facelift surgery.  A facelift when well done can keep you looking great for good 10-15 years.  The math is simple.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Eyelid surgery and injectibles (Botox and Fillers)

The most efficient way to deal with what bothers you is to have surgery on your upper and lower eyelids (Blepharoplasty), and deal with the lines with a combination of fillers such as Juvederm. Botox can also help the Crow's feet and even the fine lip lines.

Manuel M. Pena, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Fillers/botox v facelift

facelift + upper/lower bleph + endo brow + finesse fat transfer.  That would be my recommendation. The laxity and descent in your face would swallow up hundred to thousands of dollars of fillers and botox without making you look much younger but also with the hazard of making your face look strange.  

Once a person gets into the late forties to early fifties the knife usually beats the needle in terms of return on investment. 

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Botox and fillers for early aging, facelift for comprehensive rejuvenation

While it is tempting to pick out specific features, a facelift is for the changes that occur with aging of the neck, jowls, and cheeks. There are options for the eyelid area which may include fillers or surgery. Botox is most often used in the upper face for crow's feet and furrows between the eyebrows. So each option has its own best use.

Richard Baxter, MD

Should I get a facelift or should I get fillers and Botox like to look younger?

Eyelid surgery with a facelift would be appropriate. 

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facelifts, necklifts, facelift revisions, and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Surgical vs Non-surgical Facial Rejuvenation

Both surgical and non-surgical treatments can enhance one’s appearance. For the specific concerns you mentioned “eye bags and fat pockets near the eyes” surgery is best option. Fillers can temporarily decrease the hollows and the appearance of bags in the lower eyelids but won’t have a significant impact on the upper eyelids. A Facelift will re-contour the face and neck to create a more youthful silhouette but it will not address the lip lines. This can be treated with filler or laser procedures. Most rejuvenation procedures require multiple different treatment modalities for the most natural and long lasting results.

Jill Hessler, MD
Palo Alto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers or facelift

You attcched photo shows considerable sagging of the face and jowls as well as heavy upper lids .Botox would likely dissapoint you as to the overall improvement in your appearance. Certainly an upper lid bleparoplasty is needed and it might be wise to save the expense of fillers and attribute those funds to getting a facelift now or in the future.

Age old question and something we all deal with every day and there is no correct answer. I tell patient that botox,fillers, and peels will give you a small short term change and the maintenance within 3 years will cost more than a facelift which gives dramatic results and lasts about 10-15 years