Upper eyelid surgery. Can I put any moisture cream on my eyelid to help with the dry sensations?

I am 17 days post op of upper eyelid surgery my eyelid feels very dry can I put any moisture cream on my eyelid right now to help with that dry out side sensations? Or is anything that I can apply to the Mall? Thanks

Cream on incisions

Thank you for your question.  At this point, assuming the incisions are healed, it should be safe to place moisturizing lotion or vaseline to help with dryness.  Best to touch base with your surgeon.  All the best, 

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Post eyelid surgery dry skin

Assuming you have healed well (without delay) and there are no scabs on your incision lines, it should safe to put a bland moisturizer on your eyelids. To be safe you should at least call your surgeon to check in and get a definitive answer. In my practice, a patient 2 1/2 weeks post bleph can put on makeup/creams/lotions etc. so long as they are not irritating. 

Paul Lanfranchi, DO, FAOCO
Las Vegas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dry skin post bleph

This should not be a problem but it is always best to discuss this with your surgeon.You far enough along post op.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Always best to ONLY follow the postop instructions of your chosen surgeon. We really can not and should not recommend any treatment for you via the internet. In my private patients I use aquifer ointment or corticosteroid creams... 

Dry lids post bleph

Ask your surgeon.  I have patients put some Vaseline on a couple times a day if they feel dry.  Especially good at bedtime.  If this is too greasy for you, use a basic moisturizer.    

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty: post operative healing and dry skin

You need to speak with your surgeon .  I will let my patients wear makeup , moisturizer etc one week after surgery

Cream on eyelid after surgery

You want to check with your doctor as every one has his or her own preference. Generally at this point in time the incision has already healed and you can apply a moisturizer even over the incision if it feels dry. 

Mohammed Alghoul, MD