2 weeks post op I'm afraid of having residual breast. Any suggestions? (photos)

I'm from Spain, had my surgery 2 weeks ago, only incision no liposuction.Today I touched my right nipple and I feel like it was before the surgery (before my surgery I touch my gyne all the time) and when I took my vest off the top of my both aeroelas looks puffy like before (mostly the right nipple than the left). By the way, I can see my nipple erect and before my surgery I never was able to see my nipple. This is something positive but I'm afraid of havin residual breast

The Gynecomastia Surgery Techniques & Risks

There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. The doctor will recommend the one that is best suited to each individual case. The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period. Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.

Lastly, it is crucial you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

2 weeks post op I'm afraid of having residual breast. Any suggestions?

Its way too early to be judging the result and you are likely quite swollen still. My advice is to put the compression vest back on, as it will help reduce the swelling and wait at least 3 months before trying to determine whether you are swollen or have residual tissue. If you have concerns you should always bring them to your surgeon, but this soon after surgery they are likely to tell you the same thing. Best of luck!

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Gynecomastia

Two weeks post gynecomastia you are likely still very swollen. Best to give it several months to settle down before worrying too much.

Two Weeks After Gynecomastia Surgery

Hi,

Thank you for your post. At two weeks you are still very early in your recovery and swelling can play a significant role in the look of your chest. Swelling can be normal, but I would also confirm with your plastic surgeon that the swelling is not due to fluid (seroma or blood) that may need to be addressed. My recommendation at this point is to be in close contact with your plastic surgeon.

Sincerely,

Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Typical treatment for gynecomastia

For me, a typical treatment for gynecomastia involves liposuction of the entire chest area with more assertive or aggressive liposuction underneath the nipple if there is firm glandular breast tissue.

If needed, I will make a small incision and surgically remove any remaining tissue I cannot remove with liposuction.

When patients have significant loose skin to start with, the results will be limited. I explain this at length with my patients before surgery. In those cases, the patients may need two procedures.

In your case, it is much too early to make any final assessments regarding your outcome. When you have waited three to six months after your procedure, you can make an assessment if you think your procedure was a success or not. 

Sometimes revisions or having the procedure done twice is necessary.

Your results will most likely improve significantly over time.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Hi 
congrats on your surgery
gynaecomastia surgery will always have swelling in the post operative period for upto 4-5 weeks
What you are feeling right now is only that swelling