I want bigger implants. If I get new breast implants will the cost be cheaper? (photo)

Got my breast implants 2 years ago 34B to 34D (375cc saline overfill to 450cc) I want about 600cc or so (a visibly larger look), I also would like implants with more upper pole fullness and less "side boob" so I'm thinking of switching to high profile implants. But I also want my boobs to be closer together, how can a surgeon achieve that? And will my next breast implant job be more or less expensive? (No cc, no rippling, I had no complications whatsoever I just want to get them bigger!!)

I want bigger implants

Just remember when choosing high profile implants the entire diameter is smaller so not only will you have less lateral fullness (side boob), you will have less cleavage. Going with larger Round Moderate Profile implants would be your best bet.  Do your implants fall into your arm pits when you lay on your back? If so, you may benefit from a Capsulorrhaphy. This procedure will tighten and add extra support to the lateral aspect of the breast. Therefore, giving more cleavage and more upper pole fullness. And yes, in most cases a revision is more costly than the initial surgery.

Reno Plastic Surgeon

Implants are not enough

At size 34 D each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. If you are not satisfied with the results after your 450 cc implants, 150 cc more will not be an improvement. Your biggest problem is that your breasts are too far apart and low. You need your breasts repositioned higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. I recommend a technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. This procedure is more expensive than implant alone since it is more complex and takes more time.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Bigger breast

Thank you for the pictures.

I believe that your breast can definitely become larger with the change of implants. How ever the price might be the same or even more expensive. This really depends on the type of implants and size. Surgery is always important so search for a certified p'lastic surgeon.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Larger breast implants

Dear Sa rah,

It would indeed be possible to go to a larger implant with a higher profile and similar base width. However, that kind of implant will not correct your "side boob" and give you more cleavage. You might need some internal stitching work done to achieve that, which would raise the cost of your surgery. A straight forward removal and replacement should be less costly than the original surgery. Good luck!

Improvements in Shape and Size are possible

Hi there-

In cases where all that is necessary is to simply remove implants and place larger ones, it is reasonable to expect that the costs of surgery would be less than the original operation.

On the other hand, you sound clear that you are not in fact pleased with the shape of your breasts, and also have as a goal to achieve a better position of the breasts with relation to the center of your body, in order to achieve less "side boob" and better cleavage.

On this case, it is important that you find someone skilled in revisional procedures and expect the costs to most likely be higher than the original procedure...

Obviously, it would be impossible for me to ethically and responsibly estimate costs for you without a careful discussion, examination, and review of options- and so the best I can do is recommend that you find an excellent surgeon and visit them for a consultation.

Is bigger better?

Thanks for your question and the opportunity to respond. I appreciate that you have an breast ideal in mind. Patient and surgeon must come together on managing expectations. It's good that you are asking questions and seeking information.

Many women feel that bigger is going to be better. As you're considering the future and your surgical options, know that larger implants - regardless of profile - result in more weight, larger base width, and the potential for greater risk of complications. A 600cc implant would be an increase of 33% in volume. At a high profile (if saline, implant might be overfilled) the implant would eventually slide over to the side of the chest - based on weight and curve of the chest. You also mention that you would like your breasts to be closer together. More cleavage is actually more attainable with a wider dimension type of implant. At the same time, remember that this wider diameter also places the implant out on the side and, of course, you have indicated this is not a look you desire. There are pros and cons to all decisions.

In my opinion, your breast ideal is not attainable - or at least sustainable over the course of time. Why not engage with your surgeon and craft a plan that gets you closer to where you want to be with results and good health that will be sustainable? Knowledge is power. Continue asking questions and good luck to you.

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant exchange usually less expensive than first surgery

If there are no problems that need to be corrected, the cost for exchanging implants is usually less. You should make sure the implants match your anatomic dimensions so that the new larger implants don't create problems that you don't have now.

Richard Baxter, MD

I want bigger implants. If I get new breast implants will the cost be cheaper?

Thank you for your question and pictures. Based on your pictures and your goal pictures, the use of larger breast implants alone will not be sufficient to achieve your goals. In my opinion, “repair” of the breast implant capsules (capsulorraphy) will also be necessary to achieve your goals. Cost of surgery will vary from one practice to another. I would suggest that you select your plastic surgeon carefully. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work achieving the types of results you are looking for.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to “larger” breast augmentation results) helps.