I am 5 feet 3 inches and have an 375 cc I'm currently awaiting new ba for 800 cc is that too much?

100% increase implant volume, increase projection 20%

Unfortunately, you have not told us your bra size. If you are a 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. If you are a 36 or 38 each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. Doubling the size of implants is often done with the misconception that this will double the amount of projection. However, if you look actual projection achieved by doubling the volume, you will find that projection increases only 20%. Remember your goal is to achieve beautiful breasts. Beauty is determined by several factors including symmetry, skin tone, position of breast on the chest wall, cleavage, nipple position and least of all volume. You may benefit from a simultaneous lift to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. 800 cc implants weigh close to 2 lbs, would not be stable long term, will extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. There are better ways to improve the beauty of your breasts without excessive implantation.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

800 cc implants

This is a lways a good question how big is big enough.If you are 5'3 I would say that 800 cc impalnts are too big and especially if you are a smoker.That is a lot of weight.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question, but without direct examination ( or viewing pictures) and a full communication of your goals, online consultants will not be of much specific/meaningful help to you.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “very large" or “D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link,dedicated to “larger” breast augmentation outcomes) help.

Choosing 800 cc breast implants - Los Angeles

Implant size depends on patient choice and body habitus. I would try the sample sizes prior to committing to such a large increase in size.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

800cc Implants?

I second Dr. Wallach. 800cc implants are much too large. It will not look good and you will have significant problems down the line. And fixing thos problems will cost a lot of money. Don't do this!

William A. Terranova, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

800 cc implants

800 cc implants are very large and they probably are not the appropriate implants for you. Good luck in your decision.